​​​What we do

Assessments for domestic Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs).

An EPC is required for buying and selling properties in the UK, and for most private rentals. We can perform assessments for;

  • Sales
  • Rentals
  • Short-term lets (holiday cottages, AirBnB etc.)
  • Loans and grants (for renewables, insulation etc.)
  • Post building works
  • Energy improvement advice 

They can also be required before and after the installation of renewables (such as heat pumps, solar photovoltaics, solar water heating or wind turbines), or other improvements (such as wall or floor insulation) for which grants or loans may be available.

What happens?

In order to be able to carry out the assessment, we require access to the following;

  • All rooms inside the property (in order to take measurements, photographs and details of any heating appliances).

  • Any attic and underfloor areas (where possible, to measure insulation levels).

  • The heating and hot water systems, including heating controls.

  • All windows, to assess glazing type and thickness, and exterior doors, to assess insulation levels (e.g. modern insulated and draft proofing).

  • Around the exterior of the property to take photographs and measurements. 

  • Records of any building works that would have added or altered any insulation levels.

Tel: 07305377857

Aurora Electricals (SCOTLAND) Ltd., 7 Ythan Terrace, Ellon, Aberdeenshire. AB41 9LJ

Or for further information on EPC's and what they are, visit;

Loans and grants may be available, for some improvements, for advice about these you can call Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282 (open on weekends too), or visit their websites;


To find an existing EPC (and other assessors in your area) visit;

EPC Aurora  Domestic Energy Assessors

To get in touch with us;

Telephone 07305377857

Email EPC@Aurora-Electricals.co.uk

Or enter your details below and we'll get back to you;